1999 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: "cpeo@cpeo.org" <cpeo@cpeo.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 11:02:39 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: help: Re-use of Concrete underground Storage tanks

Original message from Bob Gilstein (bobgil@portsmouthri.com)

I am looking for sources of information on re-use of giant concrete
underground fuel storage tanks built for the Navy during WWII, and soon to
be surplussed.  Wastewater treatment, geothermal energy production,
aquaculture are a few ideas, but we have no idea if feasible.  Any
references, technical and funding would be very helpful.  You can call me
at 401-683-0888 or e-mail me at bobgil@portsmouthri.com.  Thanks.

Bob Gilstein, Portsmouth Town Planner