1999 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Avanzar@aol.com
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 10:13:15 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: Subject: Re: "INSTITUTIONAL CONTROLS: THE NEXT FRONTIER" -Reply

In regards to trash & stuff --- our community has been working with the
police dept. for 6 years to clean up stuff, we have an "organized" CODE TEAM"
& our non-profit sends out courtesy notices to folks.  It works well, not
perfect & is a lot of work but too many times in our older blighted 'hoods
good people have enough problems without adding more.  We try to make it
easier. We also work on the drug dealers because it is all part of the
environment --- the vicious circle.  We have 2 Superfund sites & our share of
every type of problem you can think of.