1999 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: "Peter B. Meyer" <PBMEYE02@athena.louisville.edu>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 09:22:55 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: Re: Definition, VCPs, and Brownfields

I can't disagree in logic with Lenny's comment about the presence of
hazardous contaminants presenting a problem whether or not they were
deposited knowingly. My sole point was that "harzardous waste site" has
a specific meaning under federal and (different) state laws, and that
the temr may not apply under all laws to all the sites that have been
described and discussed by this group as "brownfields."
Peter
--
Peter B. Meyer
The E.P. Systems Group, Inc.