1999 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Megan Reha <Megan_Reha@brown.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 10:11:30 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: Brownfields Statistics

I am a student at Brown University and am currently writing a senior thesis
about a brownfields project in Providence, Rhode Island.  I have been
following the group's dialogue throughout the school year and found the
information to be extremely helpful.

In so far, I have completed the majority of my thesis research and am
touching up a final draft.  To complete my thesis I am need of obtaining a
piece of statistical information regarding brownfields.  I would like to
pose a question to the group and would be very appreciative if someone
could point me in the right direction.   The General Accounting Office has
estimated that there are approximately 450,000 brownfields in the United
States.  My question is:  Of the 450,000 sites, how many have been
remediated since 1993?

Thank you for your time and help.
Megan