1999 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: "Dan Durett" <ddurett@oncon.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 10:08:45 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: Re: Use of Urban history to identify Brownfields

The concept for using the historical record to determine /document
brownfields is one that I have held for quite awhile.   My background is
training as an urban historian.  However, the marketing and receptivity of
"the industry" has yet to bear fruit.  Would welcome additional dialogue on
the use of maps, city directories, assessment records, land use plans, and
other primary sources to assist in the revitalization of sites now called
brownfields.