Re: Brownfields law

Career/Pro ( cpro@igc.apc.org )
Tue, 16 Sep 1997 15:15:14 -0700 (PDT)

From: Career/Pro <cpro@igc.apc.org>

> From: Legal Environmental Assistance Foundation <leaf@igc.apc.org>
> Newgroups: cpro.brownfields
> Subject: Brownfields law
>
> From: LEAF <leaf@igc.apc.org>
>
> During the 1997 Florida Legislative Session, the Legislature passed a
> brownfields law. Due to the input of LEAF and others, we were able to turn a
> bad law into something a little better. LEAF has prepared a summary of the
> bill in its upcoming Environmental Justice Watch. If anyone would like a
> copy of the newsletter sent to them, they can e-mail me and I will send them
> a copy when it is ready.
>
> Cynthia Valencic
> Vice President for Programs
> Legal Environmental Assistance Foundation (LEAF)
> 1115 North Gadsden Street
> Tallahassee, FL 32303-6327
> (850) 681-2591
> (850) 224-1275 (fax)
> leaf@igc.apc.org (e-mail)

Hi,

I would like to request a copy of the newsletter that will ahve a summary
of the bill. California is also developing some Brownfields legislation.
I would also like to hear why you thought the Florida legislation was "bad".

What advice would you give to other organizations interested in
shaping Brownfields policy at the state level.

Also, how did you 'get to the table' to provide your input on the
legislation.

I appreciate any comments and suggestions.

Tony Chenhansa
Career Pro
Brownfields Project Assistant
425 Market Street